Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankful November - Day 26

Last night we had our family Thanksgiving dinner. No-one's house is big enough to fit us all in so we ended up going to the chapel. It turned out great because it wasn't too crowded, the kids had their own little table, and the kids could run around freely in the hall.

Yesterday I was Thankful for . . . . . spending time with family enjoying all the yummy food!

My day started off with Lachlan's tee ball game. When we got home it was straight into the baking. I made Chocolate Brownie Trifle, Pumpkin pies and homemade bread rolls. While I was busy baking the kids were busy watching some new movies, including a couple of Christmas ones. We went up to the chapel early to set up the tables and to finish getting the food all ready. Everyone brought something to share. It was all so amazing. I had two plates because I just had to try a bit of everything! We then spoke about things that we were all grateful for. Next came the desserts! Apart from the things I made, Nana made apple pie and we had some ice cream. I love my Nana's apple pie. She makes it all from scratch and it is delicious!

I am also grateful for a husband who cleaned up the kitchen and lounge room when we got home. I totally just crashed on the couch. I was exhausted and didn't even want to look at the kitchen. It wasn't a complete disaster zone because I had been pretty good and tried to keep it clean while baking, but I still didn't want to do the dishes that were left. So thanks Honey for doing that for me!

What are you Thankful for today?

No comments: