Monday, January 23, 2012

Amie's New Dress

A couple of weeks ago we discovered that Amie had grown out of nearly all of her church dresses. Being just after Christmas there wasn't lots of extra money lying around to go buy her one so Mum suggested that we make one. I looked through all my patterns and found a cute, but simple one. Then I looked through my stash of fabric and found one that I liked.

Here is the finished product.


Amie loves it and so do I. It is made of cotton so it is nice and cool for summer. It looked a little plain so I added the buttons on the front and the sleeves.


I also added a ribbon to tie in a bow at the back. This actually worked out perfectly because the dress is a little big and it pulls it in nicely.


I also added the lace around the bottom hem which I think finishes it off perfectly.


While making this dress I have decided to use this same pattern to make Amie's Baptism dress. Mum has some nice white fabric left over from making all of our wedding dresses, so we will be using that. I'm so excited to move on to making that dress.

Of course the other girls also want a new dress made my mummy so I went out a got some more fabric but haven't had chance to put them together yet. I'm hoping that when the kids go back to school I'll have the time to do those too.

I also want to thank my mum for helping me with the sewing. She did a couple of the trickier parts, including the zip! Thanks Mum!

(Sorry all the pictures were taken on my phone)

1 comment:

Lotti said...

I really like this pattern, lovely dress. Gosh Amie is growing up. Saw the photo of her on facebook with her new glasses which I really like. she looks really nice in them.