Monday, November 7, 2011

Thankful November - Day 7

Today I'm Thankful . . . . that Haylie insisted that we make play dough today.

Haylie really wanted to make some play dough today. I wasn't so sure. I had a lot of cleaning to try and get done and I didn't want to stop and make even more mess. So I told her that when I was finished we would make some. I got stuck into cleaning, but Haylie would remind me about every 30 minutes that we were going to make play dough and was it time yet.

I finished everything just before lunch and we made the play dough. She chose to make purple and yellow play dough. She spent about 45 minutes playing with it before we had to run out to the shops before picking the kids up from school.

As soon as the older kids walked in the door and saw the play dough they all wanted to play with it. So after a quick snack they all sat around the table and played with the play dough for a good hour. It was so nice to see them playing happily together. There was no fighting and no screaming. The tv wasn't on and it was just so peaceful. While I didn't play with them I was right there making dinner in the kitchen making dinner and folding washing, helping out with suggestions the whole time.

So, while sometimes I don't like doing things like making play dough or letting the kids do painting because I don't like the mess, today I was thankful that I let go a little bit!

What are you Thankful for today?

1 comment:

Lotti said...

nice post Janiia ... it's lovely when things turn out like that. Sounds like the kids were really happy playing together with their play dough which gave you a bit of peace and quiet and allowed you to get something done that you needed to.