Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thankful November - Day 18 & 19

Again I have to play catch up!

Yesterday I was Thankful for . . . . my Dad babysitting while Buzz and I went on a date!

I love my Dad and I was very happy that he was happy to watch the kids while Buzz and I celebrated the day we got engaged 11 years ago!

Today I'm Thankful for . . . . . strawberries!

We love strawberries in our house and we have been wanting to go pick our own for awhile now. We have gone in the past and loved it but have been so busy lately that we haven't been able to find a spare minute. Today was the day though. We started the day with Teeball, a stop at the chapel and then we headed into the hills. We stopped at a bakery for some lunch before heading to the Chocolate factory. Buzz was feeling generous and gave the kids $5 each to buy whatever they wanted. Of course, they couldn't decide so we spent ages working it all out with them. We then head to the strawberry farm. The kids had a great time finding the biggest strawberries that they could. They also enjoyed eating a few along the way!

What are you Thankful for today?

1 comment:

Lotti said...

Sounds like a really nice day. Yum, love strawberries that you pick yourself. So nice. I enjoy your posts Janiia.