Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thankful November - Day 20

Today I'm Thankful for . . . . . the opportunity to have the missionaries over for dinner.

At the end of a busy weekend it was really nice to have the missionaries over for dinner. I must admit that it has been over a year since we have had them. Buzz usually works late during the week and weekends are often busy with friends and family. But I was thinking about how important it is for my children to see the missionaries and associate with them. Tonight they shared a fantastic, well thought out message that was total enjoyed by the kids. My Dad was also here because my Mum is away in Darwin at the moment visiting one of my sisters. It was good to have him here. Usually when Mum and Dad come over the kids all run for Grandma. They give her big hugs and fight over who gets to sit next to her. But because she wasn't here tonight they all ran to the door calling Poppy and giving him hugs and fighting over who got to sit next to him!

What are you Thankful for today?

1 comment:

Lotti said...

Guess it must have been nice for your dad to be the centre of attention with the kids. My sister's little grand-daughter loves her poppy and if he's around my sister doesn't get a look in. Sounds like you had a lovely day.