Thursday, July 14, 2011

Kindy Graduation

I've been a bit slack keeping up with this blog, so over the next few days I'm going to be playing catch up.

First up is Caitlyn's Kindy Graduation.  This term there where 11 kids graduating from kindy. Caitlyn has loved every minute of kindy. She loves to make, paint, draw, cut, stick, play with play dough, go on the computers, play pretend, go to the library, play in the sand pit and wear dress ups. In other words, she has loved everything that you can do at kindy. She has made some friends who will be going up to school with her and some that will be coming soon.


At the graduation they all got called out the front one at a time and the teacher spoke a little bit about them. They then got to jump (off the block) into school.

In the bag they got a book that they had been working on since the beginning of their time in kindy. It contains some of the work that they had done. They also got a certificate and a report about their progress.


It was a fun little ceremony to celebrate them becoming big school kids.

Caitlyn is so excited to start school. She has been ready for a long time and I know that she will do great.

 It is going to be a little weird for me just having one at home and having no kindy run during the day, but it won't be long until Haylie starts kindy, then I really don't know what I will do with myself!

2 comments:

Bryan, Amy, Michael, Tyler, Emily and Benjamin said...

They use the computers at Kindy?? What do they do on there?

Michael, my 4 year old is at Kindy this year (the structure of school in WA is a little different to SA) and I am pretty sure they don't get to use computers!! Not that I mind... we do stuff together at home...!

By the way, I have been enjoying your blog!! I keep my own and follow a lot of strangers. Bryan often asks me why I'm not reading family blogs (all his siblings have one) and I tell him it's because none of them update them!! I've recently made mine private, but if you care to have a look, then you can email me your email at abpilk(at)gmail(dot)com

The Montague Family said...

Our kidney is on the same grounds as the school and is actually in the same building as the junior primary. They just have a different fenced off yard for outside play. This means that they get to go to the school library, use the computers and attend other school things like assembly and any shows,etc that come to the school. I love it! It makes a very easy transition to school because they have been a part of the school for a year already!

On the computers they have some simple games and colouring things that they can do. They also have a smart board in the kidney which is fantastic.

Thanks. I love reading blogs and was reading yours all the time before it went private. I wasn't sure if you would even know who I was if I requested to look at your blog! I'm glad that someone other than my mum is enjoying a reading my blog!