Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ten Things Tuesday

Haylie loves to have stories read to her every night. Most of the time we read the same stories over and over. Often I will read the story to her and then it is her turn and she reads it back to me. 

These are ten of her favourite books, in no particular order.

1. The Octonauts and the Frown Fish
She, of course, loves anything Octonauts so she got these for her last birthday. They are usually her first pick.

the Octonauts and the Frown Fish

2. The Octonauts and the Sea of Shade.



the Octonauts and the Sea of Shade

3. The Octonauts and the Only Lonely Monster.



the Octonauts and the Only Lonely Monster




4. Dora: Island Adventure.
 She, of course, likes everything to do for Dora, but this one talks to you. You push the little question mark button and it gives you a type of object to be found on all of the pages. It is good for recognising colours and shapes, etc.

Talking Look and Find: Dora the Explorer, Island Adventure

5. Where is the Green Sheep. 
This is a classic. I don't know any child that doesn't like this book. Haylie knows this book so well that she can pretty much say it word for word.



Book Cover:  Where is the Green Sheep?

6. Where's that cat?  
My Mum got this book, I think for Amie, and all the kids have loved it. Haylie especially likes it because it is about a cat and she loves cats.



Where's that cat?

7. I've Lost My Kisses. 
This is one of my favourite stories to read. It is about a girl, names Matilda, who has lost her kisses. But she needs to find them fast because her Poppa is coming for a visit and he always says, "Where's my big Smoocheroo?" 



Kisses US cover

8.  Josephine Wants/Loves to Dance.
A kangaroo that wants to be a ballerina, what could be better than that?!


Josephine Wants to Dance
9.  Swim, Little Wombat, Swim!  
I love all of the Little Wombat books and so does Haylie.





Swim, Little Wombat, Swim Board Book

10. Sometimes I like to Curl up in a Ball. 
Another Little Wombat book that we love.



I love to read and I'm so glad that my children love to read as well.

No comments: