Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday Thoughts . . .

As I stood in my kitchen getting dinner ready the other day I looked out my back door, into the back garden, and thought to myself, 'You need to take a picture of that'. So I hurried and got dinner in the oven, grabbed my camera and headed outside.

This is what I saw......


At our old house we didn't have any trees in our garden that lost their leaves in the winter. What struck me as funny was how two of the trees were fairly far along in the process and the other two were barely starting off.

I love how, even though it was overcast, the sun was shinning through just a little and was making the golden leaves shine and glimmer as the wind moved them around.

I was struck by how beautiful they truly are and how grateful I am to live on the earth and enjoy Heavenly Fathers creations. Sometimes we take all the beauty of the earth for granted and only see things like the work involved in cleaning up the leaves.

It also reminds me that in a few months time new buds will form on these very same branches and new leaves will grow. I am grateful too for the opportunity to shed my leaves, my faults and my weaknesses, and start anew and grow and bloom.


Today I am grateful for the small reminder that I am a Child of God and that He loves me and that he shows me in small and simple ways.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful insight.

Anonymous said...

I hate picking up leaves from our tree. Good to see you had a positive experience with your leaves.