Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Not a morning person

I am totally not a morning person. I love my sleep. On the rare occasion that I wake up before my alarm I will lay in bed until it goes off. I even set my alarm five minutes early so that I can lay in bed for an extra five minutes instead of having to jump straight out.

Why then did I wake up at 5:50am this morning? And why, when I woke up at 5:50am, did I decide to actually get out of bed? Two reasons. First, my brain was ticking over and I knew I was going to be going back to sleep. Second, I had an appointment this morning right when I usually exercise and I knew that if I didn't get up and do it then I probably wouldn't do it. And I really wanted to exercise. You see I've been working hard to lose weight for 10 months now and I am so close to reaching my goal.

Anyway, so at 5:50am this morning I got out of bed, put on my exercise clothes and snuck quietly into the lounge room. After 30 minutes on our new cross trainer and a 20 minute pilates DVD, I was showered and dressed all before my alarm usually goes off at 7:15am.

I was actually surprised how nice it felt to have accomplished so much before the kids had even woken up. Oh, the things that I could do if I could just manage to pull myself out of bed a little earlier in the day. Oh, but I love my bed, especially when it is cold outside and my bed is nice and warm and comfortable and peaceful.

Haylie on the other hand is what I call a 'ping' person. She is up with the sun and happy to do so. She doesn't need time to wake up slowly or ease into the day. No, from the moment her eyes open she is going and doesn't stop until her head hits the pillow at night. She has learnt though that mummy doesn't like to get up as early as she does so she will go turn on the tv or go wake up one of her siblings.

I don't think I'll ever be a real morning person but hopefully I can motivate myself on occasion to get up a bit earlier and start my day with a bang!

No comments: