Thursday, September 15, 2011

Motivation

Life lately has been . . . . . .  stressful. I guess that's why it's been a little while since I did a decent blog post. I've been stressed and that stressing has made me very unmotivated and a little bit depressed.

But in the last few days I've decided that stressing about things doesn't really help. It just makes you feel miserable. I can't really do to much to fix the problem but I can change my attitude. To help with that I decided that I needed some new goals and ideas to keep myself motivated.

One of the areas of my life that has suffered lately has been exercising and eating right. I've still been doing both of those things but I had been fairly slack and not working as hard and I knew I could. So last week I became a runner!

When I told Buzz he laughed at me and said that he would like to see me run! Well I'm no athlete, that's for sure, and I'm sure that I look pretty funny while running but I can say that I'm enjoying it so far.

The first thing that I did as a runner was to find an app on my phone to help me with this goal. I found one that helps you go from a non-runner to being able to run 5k's in eight weeks. Using intervals of walking and running  you slowly get to the point of being able to run the whole 5km's with no walking.

Of course, I have Haylie with me every day and running with a stroller is pretty tricky, especially when just starting out, so I decided that we would go to a park, with an oval so that I could do my exercise while Haylie plays on the playground. Win, win!

The app says that you only need to do it three times and week so on the other days I'm going to continue with my regular walking.

So far I've done it three times and it's been pretty easy. But I'm not expecting it to stay that way!

Anyway . . . hopefully you'll be hearing a bit more from me about the goings on in our family!

No comments: