Saturday, July 4, 2009

More Craft Ideas

So here are some more craft things that I have been trying.  I am really happy with how they turned out.  They are going to be for Amie's bedroom.

The first one is a magazine or book holder.  Buzz had a couple of black ones that he wasn't using anymore so I covered the back and sides with this cool wrapping paper I found (I'm into spots at the moment).
I them made this tag to go on the front. Originally I was going to make a label saying 'Books' but I love how it ended up. This way it can be for anything. Books, magazines, colouring books, etc. And if it doesn't work in Amie's room I'll keep it myself!


The next thing I made, with the same paper was a pencil tin.  When Jessie stayed with us I kept one of Chases formula cans knowing that I could put it to good use. I spray painted it white and then covered it in the paper. I then wrapped the ribbon around it and tied it up. I used double sided tape to keep the ribbon from moving.
I then used some letter stickers to put the word 'pencils' on it. I did also spray paint the lid (it was gold) but it keeps flaking off. I'm going to try a find a paint that is more for plastic.
Anyway, I hope you are all liking these ideas. I am having fun making cute things without spending lots of money.

No comments: