Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Getting crafty

Lately I've been feeling very crafty. We have been trying to save money so I've been finding things that I can make as gifts or for around the house by using things that I already have.  It is actually really fun.  

These note pads were one of the first things that I tried.  I think that they turned out really cute.  I got some notepads from Go-Lo for $1.50 for a five pack. They are 4x6 size. Then I raided my scrapbook paper. I cut a strip 4 inches wide and starting from the front folded it over the top. Before I stuck it down I cut two pieces of ribbon and tuck them on the back using double sided tape. I then stuck down the cover, again using double sided tape. I tied the ribbon and then used a rub-on to add some more decoration to the front.


Everyone always needs notepads so why not make them something special. They only take about 10 minutes to put together. The hardest part is choosing the paper, ribbon and decorations!

No comments: