Thursday, September 22, 2011

Halloween, a look back!

So it's only one month until our annual Halloween party. I hope that everyone is thinking about their costumes and planning on how to decorate their trunks! Our family is very excited about it. The kids change their minds constantly about 'who' they want to be for Halloween. Hopefully they can decide soon. Invites should be out in the next week or so!

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to take a trip down memory lane and see where it all began.

Our first party was in 2005. I don't actually have any pictures from the night. We weren't sure if people would get into it or not so we chose fairly safe costumes ourselves. I don't remember what Buzz was, but I remember being a hula girl!

Our next party was is 2006 and we went a bit more full on. Everyone looked great! Again I don't actually have a lot of pictures of the actual night. (If anyone does can you please comment to let me know and I'll work out a way to get them from you, thanks!)

Here are a few pictures from the night. We started out by playing the mummy game. You use toilet paper to wrap up your 'mummy', when the toilet paper breaks you have to hand the roll off to the next person in your team. Your team wins if you are the first to completely cover your 'mummy'. We haven't played this one for a while, maybe it's time to bring it back!


I think that's Melanie being wrapped up!


Look how little Lachlan is in this picture! I love it! Oh, I think that is Adam being the 'mummy' for this team!


Another favourite game is the donut game. John, dressed as the Phantom of the Opera, won the best costume award that year!


I love how Amie is helping her big brother so that he can win! Again she looks so little and she has no hair!


I just had a look for some pictures from 2007 but I couldn't find any! If you have any please let me know. Thanks.

Check in tomorrow, and the rest of the week, for more pictures. I know I have pictures for these years because I got smart and organised for someone to take them!

No comments: