Saturday, September 17, 2011

Hayfever

Oh how I hate this time of year. I love the weather but my nose and mouth hate the pollen in the air.

In some ways I guess I'm lucky, I only get hayfever during the end of September, through October and sometimes into November. Other people suffer more than I do. But it sure is annoying.

I don't know what it is that I'm allergic to but while it's blossoming I have an itchy nose with sneezing and running. But I think what's worse and more annoying is the itchy mouth! I don't know if you've ever had an itchy mouth but it is not fun. I try eating or drinking to get rid of the itchiness  but that doesn't work. So then I bite down on my cheeks, but that doesn't help much either.

I guess it's time to go and get some hayfever medication, again!

Apart from the hayfever, I do really love this time of year. The weather is starting to get warmer with the days being nice and sunny and the night still being cool and crisp. The countdown is on to our annual Halloween party (I've got so much work to do to get ready for it still), after Halloween it's time for Thanksgiving and then it's Christmas! Scary, I know. I'm not is any way shape or form ready for Christmas. We still have one more birthday in our family before I start thinking about that.


Oh, last week we got a new trampoline for the kids. When we moved into this house we gave our big trampoline away to my sister. It would have taken up the whole garden! But recently we saw a really good deal on a smaller trampoline. The kids weren't really using the garden because they didn't have anything to really play with out there so we decided to get this smaller trampoline. It is only a 10ft, but it's big enough for all of them to play on at once, without taking up the whole garden. It has been well worth the money because the kids are out there all the time. They get ready for school in the morning and then they go out and play, Haylie uses it while the others are at school and then when they others get  home they are out there on and off until dinner and then they go back out after dinner. I have to call them back inside when it's dark and time for bed! Oh, their favourite game to play on it is the put all the balls they can find and then jump around without any of the balls touching them. It's funny because I remember playing the same game with I was a kid!

No comments: