Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sewing

So these are some of my most recent sewing projects. I love how they turned out and can't wait to play with them a bit more and do some different versions. I can tell that I'm becoming obsessed with sewing because I dream about it!

I found the pattern for this peasant top here. It was sized for a baby so I thought it would be perfect for Haylie. I found this fabric in the clearance pile at Spotlight for $2m. Sorry about my pictures. Next time I'll take some with the girls wearing them.

Since the one for Haylie turned out so well I made one for Caitlyn too. I just added some length to the bottom, made the sleeves longer and made the top a bit wider. I absolutely love the fabric. Mum and I found it at Lincraft a little while ago. It's so bright a summery. I think that this one turned out a bit wide. Obviously I don't need to add as much.
I then wanted to make one that was a bit longer, more like a dress. I found this fabric at a store down south that Mum took me to, I can't remember the name. I love it so much. I love how this dress turned out. She hasn't worn it yet, but when she does I will definitely get pictures.

I love sewing these tops/dresses. They are so simple. They only take about 45-1 hour to make from start to finish. Like I said there are a few different variations that I also want to try. I also want to make it a bit bigger for Amie as well.

No comments: