Monday, October 19, 2009

PJ's and Dresses

I can't seem to stop sewing. I love it! I try to do something everyday. Getting ready for the Halloween party has made it hard this last week though. I did make some costumes, but it's not the same. Anyway here are some things that I have finished recently.

The first one is a dress for Amie.  It is like the first one that I did for Caitlyn. I really like how it turned out. Nice and bright for Summer!
The second one I'm in love with. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I got the idea here. The top half is a t-shirt from Target and the bottom half is a skirt that mum picked up at the Op Shop. I just cut the shirt where I wanted the waist to be, adding extra for seam allowance. I then cut the skirt making sure it was the length that I wanted once it would be added to the shirt, again remembering to add seam allowance. I then gathered the skirted and sewed it to the top. Then it was just some embellishment. I added a wide ribbon around the wait to hide the seam and I put a couple of ribbon bows on the sleeves to finish it off.


The third thing is some pj's for Amie. All the flannelette was on sale at Spotlight so the kids got to choose their favourite one to make into pj's.  Amie, of course, chose Barbie. For the shirt I made a heart template and then found a good spot to place it. I appliqued it on and then sewed around it. It's been washed a couple of times now and the edges are fraying nicely.

After Halloween I'm going to start on stuff for Christmas. I have so many ideas going around my head. I can't wait to start putting it all together!

No comments: