Tuesday, September 1, 2009

30 Years Ago

Today is Buzz's 30th Birthday!! To celebrate these 30 years I'm going to list 30 of my favourite things/memories about him.

1. He loves me!
2. No matter how hard I try not to, he can always make me smile.
3. He is a people pleaser and will do anything for anyone.
4. I will never forget last Halloween when he was dressed as a beautiful fairy. Who knew he could look so good as a girl!!
5. Floating in our blowup boat in the middle of the lake looking up at the stars.
6. Going camping in the Utah mountains. Buzz was busy cooking dinner when a deer came right into our camp. It hung around for a long time! It was so cool to see one so close.
7. Nearly hitting a Moose on one of our many drives in the Jeep with the doors off and the roof off. The perfect thing to do on a hot summers day. It was always so much cooler in the mountains!
8. Seeing him cry when Lachlan was born.
9. His crazy personality.
10. Singing 'A whole new world' with me for On with the Show!
11. Watching him play with the kids on the trampoline. They love it when he bounces them really high. Plus when he is out there it gives me a bit of time to get some stuff done!
12. He makes the best breakfasts ever and is not happy with plain old cereal!
13. Sending me text messages just to let me know he's thinking about me.
14. His crazy 'fish-out-of-water' dance
15. The weird music he likes to listen to!
16. His crazy obsession with eating ice cream, even in winter. You should see the size of his bowl!
17. Seeing him take the time to show the kids something or teach them about something.
18. I love how he gets up in the middle of the night to see to the children. More sleep for me. They don't want me anyway!
19. Going on our first trip to Las Vegas for my birthday.  We had just found out that I was pregnant with Lachlan and the whole time we were away I felt sick. The next time we went back was with Mum and Dad when Lachlan was just 3 weeks old.
20. Driving across the the country with Buzz and my parents stopping at church history sites on our way to Nauvoo. We took our tents and sleeping bags and just found somewhere to sleep each night, either a campground or a cheap motel. So much fun!
21. Taking the kids to Disneyland. Buzz took Lachlan on rides that I never thought that Lachlan would like.
22. Going quad biking and trying to see the sunset together every time!
23. He is always quoting movies and then asking me which movie it's from. I can never guess because they are from really odd movies that I've never even heard of.
24. He always tells me I'm beautiful even if I don't feel it.
25. He gives me the best foot massages.
26. He had let me take up space in his office by letting me get a craft table, using the bookcase for all my supplies and now he is going to let me get a sewing table so I don't have to leave it out on the end of the dining room table anymore!
27. Leaving me messages written on the bathroom mirror!
28. Moving away from his family in America so that I can be near to mine!!
29. Singing to me, even if it is out of tune.
30. Spending the rest of eternity together. To Infinity and Beyond!!

Happy Birthday Buzz!!

No comments: