Monday, June 29, 2009

So, I know that it has been awhile since I blogged. I got caught up reading so many other wonderful blogs that it made me think that mine is so boring. I guess I got writing block! Anyway after looking through some recent photos I found a few things that you might find interesting.

After my Doll cake turned out ok I wanted to try using fondant on another cake. It was my Nana's birthday so I made her a mini cake. I used my Sprite cake recipe and a mini pan. I also had the idea to make it look like a present by adding a bow. I had read a bit about it and it didn't sound very hard. Once the cake had cooled I put on a layer of frosting and then roller out my white fondant. There was a couple of marks in it, but I was happy with how it went. I then rolled out the pink fondant. Using a ruler and a pizza cutter I made my ribbons. To help the bow stay up I rolled up some tissues and put them in the loops until they had hardened up.
All in all I was happy with how it turned out. 

My next cake was really a disaster, but I'll leave that for next time!

No comments: