Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Doll Cake

Here it is! The first cake that I have ever decorated with fondant. I was pretty happy with the way it turned out. And, most importantly, Amie was very happy with it!!

I ended up buying a Wilton doll cake pan to make the dress and it worked out really well. It has a rod that goes through the centre of the cake to help it cook evenly through the middle. I was really happy with it. 

I used three pieces of fondant to make the skirt. I started by putting the white piece on the front and smoothing in down. I then rolled out the two pink skirt pieces. I gathered them around the top and folded or pleated them to make it look like a flowing gown.

I then put a piece of fondant around the dolls torso to complete the dress. I added some ribbon and the wings to make it into and fairy to go with the fairy party theme. All in all it was a good experience and I'm excited to explore and do some more things with fondant.

Here it is! My first ever cake using fondant to decorate it.

No comments: